Believe it or not, unlocking your iPhone is no longer the nightmare that it used to be in the past.
Thanks to legislation push forward by the United States that impacts ALL of the phones that Apple manufactures today, the company is now forced to sell every single one of their new iPhones completely unlocked and able to be used on any cellular network around the world – making it effortless to transition from one cellular company to the next with your same iPhone.
All you have to do is swap out the SIM card.
Oh how far we’ve come in just a few short years!
It wasn’t all that long ago that the unlock iPhone process was as much a nightmare as anything else in the world of technology, so much of a headache and hassle that most people didn’t even bother to move forward with the unlocking process but instead dropped a few hundred dollars on a new phone just to avoid it altogether.
Jailbreaking iPhones was incredibly popular – though illegal and would also avoid an AppleCare warranty faster than you could ever imagine – and if it was done incorrectly you’d end up with a fancy and beautifully designed brick but little else.
Today though, it’s possible to effortlessly unlock your iPhone (including an iPhone 6S that hasn’t come from the factory unlocked already).
All you have to do is to check out the inside information we offer in this quick guide and you’ll be off to the races!
How to Get Your Phone Unlocked
- First you need to find a good service provider who sells official iPhone factory unlocking (PS! Avoid jailbreaking and software cracks)
- Check your IMEI code by dialing *#06# (the code pops up on the screen)
- Contact the seller, ask for the price of their service and send them your IMEI code
- Wait for a couple of days until the seller sends you a notification that the device has been unlocked
- Follow the instructions from the seller to use your iPhone with any carrier
The process is really simple actually, and you don’t even need to take your phone anywhere.